There are two ways to take a picture with the Blackbird Fly. For quiet and reflective framing, you can hold the camera at waist level and look down, to compose your shot using the finder lens. For a quicker style of shot, you can use the sportsfinder, which approximates a viewfinder through a notch in the top of the camera.
The Blackbird Fly can take pictures in standard 35mm film format (24x36), but using a different (provided) mask it can also produce square format pictures (24x24). You can even remove the mask entirely and make a larger square format image (36x36), which fills up the entire width of the film, including the side sprocket holes.
- Lens: 33mm/ photo lens
- Shutter speed: 1/125
- Aperture: f7 (cloudy) f11 (fine weather)
- Focus: Visual distance estimated measurement ( 0.8/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/4.0/5.0/∞)
- Film Type: 135 (35mm film )
- Camera Type: 35mm Twin Lens Reflex
- Formats: Normal ( 24x36mm ), Square ( 24x24mm ), Full (no frame)
WARRANTY : One (1) year from the purchase date